How do I purchase tax trust property?

Tax Trust Property or sometimes called Back Tax Property can be purchased through the City of Kilgore if the property lies within the corporate city limits of Kilgore. The City Council must approve the sale of any tax trust property.  Please visit the related documents under the Planning page of this website for a current list of current available properties.

Show All Answers

1. How do I obtain a 911 address for my property?
2. Do I need to make an appointment to speak to someone in the Planning Department?
3. How do I purchase tax trust property?
4. Can I move a mobile or manufactured home into the city limits?
5. How can I find out the zoning of a property?
6. How do I set up a pre-development meeting?
7. How often does the Planning and Zoning Board meet?
8. What is the process for rezoning a piece of property?
9. When does the Zoning Board of Adjustment meet?
10. What is the process for applying for a variance?
11. What is a requirement to pull an electrical, mechanical, or plumbing permit?
12. What is the general process to obtain a building permit?
13. Do I need a building permit for a car port?
14. Do I need a building permit for a storage building?
15. How long does it take for my building permit to be approved?
16. How much will my building permit cost?