News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/26/2022 12:02:36 PM to 1/26/2022 12:04:00 PM.

News Flash

Home - News & Announcements

Posted on: January 26, 2022

[ARCHIVED] Important Information About Your Drinking Water

water pipe


The City of Kilgore, PWS ID TX0920003, has violated monitoring and reporting requirements set by Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) in Title 30, Texas Administrative Code (30 TAC), Section 290, Subchapter F.  

In February of 2021, our system failed to collect every required coliform sample and therefore cannot be sure of the quality of your drinking water during that time.  This violation occurred during Winter Storm Uri and our system was under a boil water notice at the time.  We collected every required coliform sample in March of 2021 and are no longer in violation.

In July and August of 2021, our system failed to submit monthly operating reports for the surface water treatment plant in a timely fashion.  Although the surface water treatment plant was not producing water during that time, we are still required to submit monthly operating reports.  We have submitted the reports and are no longer in violation.

Although these incidents were not an emergency, as our customers, you have a right to know what happened and what we did to correct the situation.  

There is nothing you need to do at this time.  You may continue to drink the water.  If a situation arises where the water is no longer safe to drink, we are required to notify you within 24 hours.

We are required to monitor your drinking water for specific contaminants on a regular basis.  Results of regular monitoring are an indicator of whether or not drinking water meets health standards.  We did not complete all monitoring and reporting, and therefore TCEQ cannot be sure of the safety of your drinking water during that time.

Please share this information with all people who drink our water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (i.e., people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses).  You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

If you have questions regarding this matter, you may contact Clayton Evers, P.E., Director of Public Works at 903-988-4118.

Facebook Twitter Email