Building Services is responsible for:
- Enforcing adopted building codes and standards to protect life and property for those who work, live or work in the City of Kilgore.
- Enforcing state licensing laws for contractors, engineers and architects.
- Making routine and scheduled inspections during each phase of construction.
- Reviewing and approving plans and issuing permits of all new:
- Basement Finish
- Remodeling Retaining Walls
Help contractors navigate the city of Kilgore permit process to build or remodel within the city.
Find permit applications for building services, special events, health services and fire services
Questions you should ask before leasing or purchasing a building in the City of Kilgore. This page is designed to help you ask some common questions or things you may not have thought of that will help you make the best decision when leasing and buying property.
Definitions of commonly used terms or words when applying for a permit
Each year city of Kilgore host a Plumbers Inspectors Continuing Education Class.