Where is the Kilgore Police Department located?
We are located at 909 North Kilgore St. on the Northwest corner of Kilgore St. and Hwy 42.

What hours are the Kilgore Police Department open?
The Kilgore Police Department is in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. The business office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, except for holidays. For specific information, contact the business office at (903) 983-1559.

How can I contact the Kilgore Police Department?
In emergency situations, call 9-1-1.
For non-emergency calls or general information, call (903) 983-1559.

How do I hire an off-duty Police Officer for security?
Call Asst. Chief Roman Roberson at (903) 983-1559 or email.

How do I make a complaint on a member of the Kilgore Police Department?
The citizens complaint form can be picked up from the front lobby at the Kilgore Police Department. After you have completed the form you will need to return to the Kilgore Police Department, where Asst. Chief Roberson or Lieutenant Stone will visit with you.  If you have questions about the complaint process you can find a brouchure at the Kilgore Police Department, City Hall or on this website under the Professional Standards tab.  If you have further questions you may call at 903-983-1559 and ask for the Professional Standards Officer or mail/email to the:

Kilgore Police Department
Attn: Professional Standards Officer
P.O. Box 3066
Kilgore, Texas 75663
How can I compliment or comment about a member of the Kilgore Police Department?
Call the office of the Chief of Police at (903) 983-1559, email, or send a letter to:

Kilgore Police Department
Attn: Chief of Police
P.O. Box 3066
Kilgore, Texas 75663

Where do I go to get my fingerprints taken in Kilgore, TX?
The Kilgore Police Department does offer ink fingerprinting on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM. There is a charge of $10 per card, and you are responsible for bringing your own fingerprint card(s) with you.

How do I submit an anonymous tip about drug activity in the area?
You can send an email to narcoticstips@cityofkilgore.com.  If you would like for us to contact you, please include your name and phone number.

How do I complain about congested traffic area(s) or careless driver(s) in my neighborhood?
You can contact the Kilgore Police Department at (903) 983-1559 or email our traffic officer.

My neighbor has several cars in his yard that are not in running condition. Can anything be done about this?
Yes, you will need to contact our Code Enforcement Officer Justin Windham at (903) 984-5081.

How do I complain about ongoing drug sales at a residence or business in Kilgore, TX?
Please contact the DEA in Tyler, TX at (903) 579-2400 or the C.O.D.E. Unit in Longview, TX at (903) 759-9411.

How can I request a copy of a report of a crime or accident that occurred in Kilgore?

  1. If you are involved in a vehicle accident, you should allow approximately 4 business days for the report to be entered into our system before trying to obtain a copy. There is a charge of $6.00 for all crash reports, which can be obtained in person at the Kilgore Police Department during business hours (Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm); cash or check only. You can also obtain a copy of your crash report online with a credit card by going to https://cris.txdot.gov/public/Purchase
  1. If you reported a crime, you may pick of a copy of the basic information* of the offense report from the Kilgore Police Department during normal business hours.  You will be asked to present a photo I.D. before the report is released to you. If you need additional information not included in the basic information, you will need to submit an Open Records Request (see process outlined below).  
*Certain circumstances may arise where a record could be deemed confidential by law, in which case, you will be asked to submit an open records request(see process outlined below), and it will be referred to the Open Records Division of the Texas Attorney General's office for review.
  1.  All other requests for copies of records will need to be obtained through an Open Records Request. Please allow 10 working days for us to respond. Please include the requestor's name, address and phone number.  Be as specific as to the type of information requested. You may submit your request in writing to the Records Unit using one of the following methods:
·         In person at 909 N. Kilgore St, Kilgore, Texas 75662
·         By mail to Kilgore Police Department, Attn: Records Unit, P.O. Box 3066, Kilgore, Texas 75663
·         By fax to 903-984-6019
·         By email to pdrecords@cityofkilgore.com

Documents concerning juvenile misconduct, sexual assaults, active investigations, etc. will be referred to the Open Records Division of the Texas Attorney General's Office.

Please note that we will not release any report(s) until we have received a cash or check payment.

How can I schedule a program for my organization, business or school?
Contact Asst. Chief Roman Roberson at (903) 983-1559 or you can email.

How can I obtain information about an inmate(s) housed in the city jail?
Call (903) 983-1559, listen to the prompts and select the option for jail, and someone will be able to help you. Please note that it takes approximately 30 minutes for an inmate to be processed and booked into the Kilgore City Jail after their arrest. The Kilgore City Jail is only a holding facility, therefore we do not allow visitation.

What is the law regarding Child Safety Seats?
A child under 8 years old, unless the child is taller than four feet nine inches, must be restrained in a child passenger safety seat in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. There are certain types of vehicles and situations exempted.

What is the law concerning fireworks in Kilgore?
The City of Kilgore ordinance currently does not allow for the shooting off of any fireworks within the city limits of Kilgore, TX.

How can I find out how much my fine is for a traffic citation?
You can contact Kilgore Municipal Court at (903) 988-4124.